Celebrate summer with this gorgeous cocktail which is perfect for a party – rain or shine! It is light, slightly scented with rose lemonade and has a nice kick of vodka. We like to use Chase potato vodka, but any premium brand vodka would work. This cocktail was created for number 37 Old London Road, a quirky interiors shop in Kingston upon Thames. Run by the inimitable Denny & Dazzle, the shop featured in the BBC programme, Mary Queen of Shops.
We held a party in the shop to celebrate their TV debut and it attracted lots of interest from locals, and there was a great mix of people. I was sorry to see that the shop now has a closing down sign, so hurry along to pick up any bargains before they shut. Perhaps we should have another party?
For 2 cocktails
- 10-12 cubes of ice
- 60ml vodka
- sprig of fresh mint
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 120ml Fentimans Rose lemonade
- Place half the ice cubes into a cocktail shaker
- Pour the vodka, mint and lemon juice over the ice
- Shake well until well mixed
- Put the remaining ice cubes into the glasses and strain the cocktail over them
- Top up with Fentimans Rose Lemonade
- Decorate with a fresh mint leaf, crystallised rose petal or slice of lime