While the hot weather remains with us, this is amazingly refreshing and a lovely alternative to the daily cuppa. Of course there will always be those tempted to add a drop of rum or vodka for an early evening pick me up. And why not?
- 6 ordinary tea bags
- 10 sprigs mint
- 300.00ml apple juice, either freshly pressed or bought but not made from concentrate
- juice 1 lemon
- Slice of cucumber, mint leaves and ice to serve
- Make the tea with 1.2 litres water. Add mint to the pot and infuse for 10 mins
- Strain and cool
- Once cool stir in the lemon juice and apple juice
- Keep in a jug in the fridge until it is cool enough to serve
- Serve with sprigs of mint and a slice or wedge of cucumber
I often use a large cafetiere to combine the tea and mint leaves. This is then easily strained ready for combining with the juices prior to chilling.