Today we were out marking the best spot to watch the Olympic Men’s cycling race tomorrow. Our plan is to walk in through the pedestrian gate, stop for coffee and bacon rolls before heading through the Olympic Circles cut in the grass in Richmond Park, then on towards the barriers. Walking at my rate will get us there in 30 minutes, but would normally take around 35-40 minutes (I am a very fast walker). Getting excited now, especially as we saw the Swiss team whizz right past us as they were practising for the big day. After all this excitement we needed lunch and this is a perfect store cupboard standby, especially if you are glued to the screen watching the Olympics….
Tuna and Cannellini Salad with lemon, flat parsley and chilli
- 1 x 410g tin of Cannellini beans in water
- 1 x 185g tin of tuna in sunflower oil
- 4 x spring onions
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 Tbs good quality olive oil
- salt, black pepper, and chilli flakes
- Drain the can of beans and put into a bowl
- Drain the tuna and add to the beans
- Wash, trim and finely chop the spring onions
- Chop the flat leaf parsley
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Top with chilli flakes if you like a bit of heat, otherwise leave out
- Give all the ingredients a good toss before transferring to serving dishes
Add rocket or other salad leaves, halved baby plum tomatoes, or sun dried tomatoes if you have them to hand. Serve with some toasted country bread or wholemeal pitta bread.