Here is a surprising little canape, which is quick and easy (which we like) and one which packs a tasty punch. Next time you have some friends over try giving them these as a treat. Find some black crystal skewers to spear them with and you have an elegant, unusual mouthful.
I like to serve a couple of homemade snacks in place of a starter when I have friends over. You just have to watch that latecomers don’t miss out.
These are usually on the menu when I do canape workshops or hen parties at The Medicine Garden in Cobham.
BLOODY MARY TOMATOES
To serve approx 6
- 250g punnet of baby plum or cherry tomatoes
- 200ml vodka
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- few drops of Tabasco
- salt and pepper
- Wash the tomatoes and remove the stalks
- With a skewer prick small holes all over the tomatoes and place in a small bowl or container
- Mix the other ingredients together in a jam jar, give them a good shake and pour over the tomatoes
- Leave to marinate for a couple of hours, then drain off marinade and arrange on a serving plate with skewers ready to serve